Thursday 26 September 2013

Autumn glory ....

... Good morning!  It's a beautiful autumn morning here in Northville - the skies are brilliant blue, it's lovely and warm and the trees around here are turning all shades of red, orange, green and gold.  And I've been inspired to make a card for a few challenges:


Stamps: WMS - Peace & Plenty, Blessed by You
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler, Coral Calypso, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso
Accessories: Promarkers - Various; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler, Coral Calypso, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso; White Lustre Card; Cuttlebug EF - Swiss Dots



I think our Waltzingmouse Fanatics colours are perfect for this autumn themed Thanksgiving card.  I really like the clean, graphic lines of the sketch.  I embossed the smaller squares with dots for some texture and attached them to the contrasting card and adhered the panels to the card base.  I inked up the solid leaves using the rock 'n' roll technique, stamped off onto some scrap and then stamped on the white panel with the second and third generation impression - which gives a nice subtle background.  I inked the sentiment in Early Espresso and stamped onto the card.  I stamped the cluster of oak leaves and acorns onto some scrap white card, coloured it with Promarkers and then cut it out.  I attached the leaves with some silicon gel to give a little dimension.  The inside is simply a mat of Cherry Cobbler and white card.

Calling all you Waltzingmouse fanatics out there - I know there a quite a lot of you!!  Our colour challenge features warm, rich shades perfect for autumnal themes, for masculine cards, for Thanksgiving cards and even for feminine cards.  Tara and I are really looking forward to seeing what you make - you have until Thursday 3rd October, 5pm (Noon EDT) to join in!

Now, I'm off out to enjoy some of this gorgeous autumnal sunshine!  See you all soon.

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Lovely card Deborah! Love those colours and the leaves are beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful for fall!

Vicky Hayes said...

Autumn is my favourite season colourwise and you've really captured the essence of it in this lovely card! Vicky x

Tara Cardwell said...

I'm a bit behind on blog hopping...

Another knockout with our colour combo. The leaf background stamping is superb.

Tara
x

Jingle said...

I like your embossed blocks! Pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful fall card!
Thanks for playing along with our CAS-ual Fridays challenges!
Sylvia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...