Saturday 28 September 2013

Christmas snowflakes ....

..... Good morning everyone!  Can you believe that it's the last Saturday in September?  And that means it's time for our technique challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Ruth has picked a favourite technique of mine - emboss resist (if you've not played with technique before here's a link to Splitcoaststampers tutorial).   Here's my card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Festive Flurry, Christmas Message, Sassy Salutations
Inks: Versamark; Brilliance - Lightening Black; SU - Pistachio Pudding
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Framelits Apothecary Accents
Accessories: My Mind's Eye DP - Snowed In; Gold Card; White Lustre Card; Clear Embossing Powder; SU - Paper Piercing Essentials


I started by picking a sheet of design paper that was light and had a subtle pattern and cutting it to size.  I rubbed an anti-static pad all over the paper.  I inked the snowflakes with Versamark and stamped onto the paper, added clear embossing powder and then heat embossed.  Next I rubbed pigment ink all over the paper, allowed it to dry and then took a soft tissue paper and rubbed the ink off the embossed images!  I just love the way the snowflakes pop up!  As you see from the photo above - the ink is not totally opaque and a subtle image shows through.  The colour I used has a really pretty gold shimmer to it, so I mounted the finished paper onto gold card.  The sentiment was stamped in the same pigment ink and heat embossed, die cut and then paper pierced.  I cut the same shape in gold, split it in half and backed the sentiment, which I attached with dimensional tape.  For the inside I cut another gold mat and a panel of white card onto which I stamped a snowflake and greeting.


Do check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team - as always, they are just awesome!  That's all for now.  Have a good weekend.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

This is amazing I am in awe of how you made it so translucent.
Thank you for all your kind comments I have had so much fun as Guest designer for 52CCT.
Hugs
Margaret M

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely classy Christmas card Debs

Anne

Ruth M said...

This is wonderful Deborah, I love that the subtle design of the paper shows through! Great colours too, the gold is such a luxurious touch!
Have a great weekend! Ruth x

Charmaine Stack said...

Doing this technique on patterned paper s a great idea. I like the paper piercing, too!

Kim Heggins said...

Love all the gold, it really makes your snowflakes beautiful.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way the subtle pattern shows through the snowflakes Deborah! A gorgeous card. Vicky x

Tara Cardwell said...

Emboss resist over DP? Now why didn't I ever think of that before???? Genius - and it gives such a pretty effect!

Love the inside too.

Tara

Mynn xx said...

I absolutely adore the use of the patterned paper for your card, Deb! This is SO cool looking! HUGS and have a great rest of your week! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Fabulous Deborah. I didn't notice the patterned background until I zoomed in closer - what a nice surprise. So gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...