Saturday 14 December 2013

Folk Art Christmas ....

.... Good morning everyone!  I hope that all your Christmas preparations are well in hand, it's only 11 days away now!  This morning I've a folk art style Christmas card to share with you:

Happy Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star Background, Folk Art Christmas Additions, Alpine Christmas; Woodware - Christmas Borders & Vertical Words
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake; Versamark
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Circles # 4; Waltzingmouse - Folk Art Christmas
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red; Promarkers - Crimson, Berry Red; WMS - Natural Twine; Clear and White Embossing Powder

I used a couple of challenges to make this card.  I don't whether you've noticed, but Fusion Card Challenge is coming back and while I didn't manage to play along often, I always liked the challenges, so I'm joining in with the current challenge.  The layout is based on the current Mojo Monday sketch - MOJO323


The photo on the Fusion graphic caught my eye with the lovely colours and that sweet reindeer cushion.  I created the red panel by stamping Yonder Star background in Versamark and heat embossing with white powder.  I then wrapped some natural twine around the panel and adhered it to the base with dimensional tape.  I stamped the reindeer onto white card, first inking the image with Versamark and then Soft Suede, which enabled me to heat emboss the image with clear powder.  I used the coordinating die from Waltzingmouse to cut it out and coloured the little flowers with Promarkers.  I adhered the deer to the diecut circle and attached with more dimensional tape.  I finished the front with a vertical sentiment and a couple of border strips.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in red and on the white panel stamped a lovely sentiment and added a few snowflakes.

Happy Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'd like to remind you that you still have time to join in with our current challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown where you can pick any of our past 2013 challenges - colour, sketch, theme, etc.  We are also looking for a few new crafters to join our team - so if you're interested add "DT" after your name.

Over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics you might be surprised to find no challenge this week - we decided that it was quite a busy time, so we'd take a break and come back after Christmas with a new challenge for you then.

That's all for now - I've got a busy day today.  I'm taking Kathryn to the hairdresser to get her hair done and then in the afternoon I've a craft class with Amy Flowers.  Have a good weekend - be safe.  See you tomorrow.

signature

8 comments:

Jackie said...

You've created a lot of fabulous cards since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Geri said...

What a lovely card, Deborah! I hadn't seen this little Folk Art set before, but I noticed Chupa used it, too, and I love it! Those images are so sweet! Love the background you've created too! The addition of the Kraft color softens everything perfectly!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION with your lovely creation!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful folk art deer, Deborah! And that sentiment on the inside is fantastic!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the BG and the saddle on that deer as well as the folk art vibe! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas my friend!

Cathy Weber said...

I just love that folk art reindeer Deborah...the Yonder Star background looks so good stamped on the red paper...so frosty-looking! I actually just discovered the Fusion challenge right before they ended and am so happy they have started up again. Great card!

Kelly Griglione said...

oh my, your folksy card is just adorable!! It reminds me of Scandinavian design. Very warm. So glad you had some time to play in the Fusion Challenge!! Hope to see you again : )

Stamps and Paper said...

Cute Christmas card Deborah

Anne

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Deb, that reindeer goes perfectly with the backgrounder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...