Monday 6 January 2014

Amazing ....

.... Hello!  I'm back with a card that I made on Saturday night.  This one is for a couple of challenges:
Amazing - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - Border It Mod Borders, CS Success, Bold Statements
Inks: Stampin Up! - Smoky Slate, Island Indigo; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Triangle Screen
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Tempting Turquoise, Basic Grey; SU DP - Island Indigo

I think this week's MFT sketch is super and seems, to me, to be perfect for a guy card.  I used the colours from the new challenge Colour Me - so glad to join in on the first week too.

I decided to go for a very graphic look.  I cut a panel of design paper in Island Indigo and overlaid this with the triangle panel.  I cut a strip white card, stamped grey triangles and a very bold statement in black, and layered on a strip of Island Indigo card.  The inside has a mat layer of grey card and white panel with a simple inspirational sentiment.

Amazing inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I left lots of white space for me to write a message.  This is one of my cards for Ben - this year I intend to send him one card a week, just to let him know that I'm thinking of him.  I do miss having him with us, but this helps!

That's all for now - be safe!

signature

5 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Love this, Deborah! What a beautiful sample. :)

Unknown said...

Very nice card Deborah! I love the lattice tool you used to create your background!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - that background is stunning! I love that big, chunky font too! Thanks for joining in the fun of our first challenge over at Colour Me...! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely background Deborah and love your colour combo....

Love the new blog look too

Anne

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, Deb! Love the graphic look! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...