Wednesday 22 January 2014

Floral birthday ...

... Good morning everyone!  Winter is back in full force here in North America.  We've been very lucky in Northville, while it is extremely cold, we don't have any snow, just lots of blue skies and sunshine, and I'm happy to take that!  I hope all my US buddies who are in snowy areas are taking lots of care.  I'm so fed up of snow that I decided to make a floral birthday card. 

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Hero Arts - Large Flower Background CG403; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Casual Elegance, Bold Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party, Pink Pirouette; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Copics - G0000, RV000; Clear and Black Embossing Powder; Vellum; Gems


I used the soft, subtle colours from this week's Dynamic Duos - DD#86, and the layout is based on the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL276.  

I stamped the image onto white card in pale aqua and then again in black Versafine which I heat embossed with clear powder.  I coloured the flowers and stems using Copic markers.  Then I spent quite some time cutting out the coloured flowers and stems and adhering them to the aqua image.  I love the way this gives a soft subtle background with the coloured images being more defined.  I cut a mat layer of black card and attached the flower panel.  I decided to stamp the sentiment on vellum as I didn't want to cover the pretty flowers.  I finished the front with some gems scattered about.  For the inside I cut mat layer in black and on the white panel stamped some flowers and vines, and a very bold sentiment.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Before I go, I have some new followers who I would like to welcome.  Join me in say Hello and Welcome to Gemma and Asha - thank you ladies for joining me!  I always appreciate the fact that so many people have decided to follow me and see my cards and read my ramblings, and all your comments are a delight - I do like to read them.  Thanks to you all!  That's all for now - I really do have to get the ironing done - I've been putting it off for a while now!

signature

8 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

That's so beautifully soft and feminine Deborah - love it!
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Pretty card Deborah

Anne

Sue Lelli said...

Your coloring is so Pretty and I Love the vellum for the sentiment! Pretty card!

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, I love your soft card...perfect use of the Dynamic Duos colors! (Would you believe I have that stamp and have never inked it? I might just have to now...you have inspired me!)

Bonnie said...

What a lovely spring card! I love the snow, but also love the reminder that spring will be here soon.

JoAnn said...

So soft and pretty. Great use of the colors for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Dyanmic Duos.

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. The colors are so refreshing and spring like--perfect for warming up a cold winter day.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Deborah, love the vellum sentiment! You used the soft colors in such a beautiful way...very nice coloring, too! Thanks for sharing your card with the Dynamic Duos this week:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...