Saturday 1 February 2014

52CCT - Sketch ....

.... Hello everyone!  It's February!!  Oh my goodness, I can't quite believe how quickly we got through January, but if you've been playing along with us each week you already have four Christmas cards in your stash ready for the end of the year.  Jacqueline is our host this month at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, and our first challenge each month is a sketch and here's my take:

Christmas Joy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Wonderful Washi Christmas; Stampin' Up! - Ornament Keepsakes; Waltzingmouse - Seasonal Flourish, Alpine Christmas
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Crumb Cake; Memento - Grey Flannel
Dies: SU - Ornament Keepsakes; Spellbinders - Mega Scalloped Ovals Lg (S5-024) #3 &4, Mega Ovals (S5-023) #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Black, Gold and Silver Card; Vellum; Basic Grey - Candy Buttons; Gold and Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder; Ribbon


The theme at this week's Merry Monday - MM#93 is Christmas Ornaments, and as I love them on cards just as much as on trees, I decided to go with them for my card.  I made my own washi tape by stamping onto vellum and embossing with both gold and silver; I kept the gold and silver theme for the ornament which I cut out with the matching die.  I made the gold and silver mat layer from four bits of scrap.  I added gold and silver enamel dots, a big silver bow and finished with a simple sentiment.  Inside I cut a mat layer in black and on the white panel stamped a lovely sentiment and some snowflakes!

Christmas Joy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with our sketch do check out the cards from the rest of our Design Team - as always they are just stunning.  You will notice that we have new members of the team - please welcome Fabiola, Asha and Gill.  That's all for now.  I've a fun day lined up - we're off out to a photo shoot.  I've put a few of my photos up under the "Non Crafty Photos" tab is you fancy checking them out!  See you soon.

signature

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your card, and the inside is wonderful. Love the verse. (I love Anne McCaffrey too!) Lynn x

Mynn xx said...

This is so gorgeous, Deb!!! LOVE the different metallics you used to emboss--it looks AMAZING! I love that washi image, too! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Beautiful, Deborah! Love the silver and gold. The embossed ornament is striking!! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card is so ELEGANT! LOVE the colors, Deb!

Bonnie said...

What pretty embossing, Deborah! And a gorgeous ornament! The inside is lovely too! I love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Anonymous said...

Great choice of bauble image Deborah - snap as I used it on my card too! :D Love how you embossed it - very lush. Gill x

Fabiola said...

splendide carte Deborah, brillante et festive, biz

Danielle Vincent said...

I love how you did the triple scalloped oval behind that gorgeous ornament Deborah! Fabulous card! Hugs D

Patricia Hays said...

Deb, the faux washi tape is fabulous! :)

Peanut said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Deborah. Love that cheeky little silver bow!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...