Saturday 15 February 2014

52CCT - Theme ....

.... Good morning everyone.  We had so many lovely cards for our colour challenge last week, and this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we have a theme challenge.  Jacqueline has picked the theme of Christmas Landscapes, so much scope!  Here's my card:

Let it Snow - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Alpine Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black; Distress - Milled Lavender; Memento - Teal Zeal; Versamark
Dies: WMS - Alpine Christmas
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant; White Embossing Powder; Glitter


When I saw this theme I knew I had to use the wonderful Alpine Christmas (I think the alpine skiing might have had a bit of influence too).  I owe inspiration to a couple of cards - Laurie's and Kelly's cards.  I've used the colours from the current Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge - WMSFC#11 - I just love them!  You have until Thursday 20th February, 5.00pm to join the Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge!

I made the card from Island Indigo, cut a panel of Elegant Eggplant on which I stamped the sentiment and snowflakes in Versamark and heat embossed them with white powder.  I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller then the purple and stamped the mountain range.  To make the really dark teal colour I inked up the mountains in black, stamped off once and then inked again with Teal Zeal - result a nice dark teal.  I stamped the alpine village using purple for the houses, soft purple for the snow covered roofs and light teal (Island Indigo stamped off once) for the trees.  I used the matching die to cut out the mountain and then attached it to the card to reveal the sentiment and snowflakes.  I finished the front by adding glitter.  For the inside I cut a white panel, added a bit of a village and a lovely Christmas verse.

Let it Snow inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with the Christmas Landscape theme - check out the cards from the rest of the team - as always, they are just fab!  Looking forward to seeing your creations. 

My plans for the weekend include a mix of watching the Winter Olympics and some crafting.  Kathryn has a friend coming for a sleepover, so I won't see them for most of the time and Jonathan is off to a photo shoot.  It's going to be a fun time.  Hope you have a good weekend, be safe!

signature

16 comments:

Stella said...

With the mountains used as a background this looks like you are standing in a valley. Amazing to see what you created with stamps. Gorgeous Deborah; love the little houses!
XX

Peanut said...

Eeeek! How cute are those little houses! This card reminds me of Johanna Spryi's "Heidi". Shirley Temple was so cute in that movie...and there was the TV series in the 70s... aaaw! Cards that take you back to the good ol' days are the BEST! Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Pauline said...

Beautiful scene Deb, it looks so icy in these colours too! beautiful!

Louise van Vuren said...

Awesome job, love this wintry mountain village scene. Great tip on how to get the dark shade you used on the mountains too. Love the sparkle too.
Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Deb!!! The fun chunky feel of the stamps is AMAZING--this looks vintage and up to date all at once! I adore the colors you used, too!!! :) HUGS and have a great weekend! Mynn xx

Rosmarie said...

What a lovely, snowy mountain village. So cute, all these little houses. Love the colors you used and the inside of the card is just gorgeous too!
Rosi x

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a show stopper Deborah! I think you've been well and truly inspired by the winter olympics with this one and it's totally paid off! Just charming. Vicky x

Fabiola said...

elle a beaucoup de classe ta carte, j'aime beaucoup ces belles montagnes et ces jolis chalets, biz

Ardyth said...

You have used this set perfectly! I love the vintage feel of it and the fantastic colour combination!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours you've used Deborah - a perfect Christmas scene! Hugs, Gill x

Jacqueline said...

A really lovely card Deborah - I love all your little chalets on the mountain side - Jacqueline xx

Greta said...

Wonderful scene--love this card!

Danielle Vincent said...

I love your snow village at the base of the mountain. Very creative and beautiful Deborah. hugs D

Ruth M said...

Wow, Deborah, I adore your alpine village landscape - absolutely perfect for the challenge! Fabulous colours and I was so happy to see a few houses on the inside with the sentiment too!
Ruth x

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous scene and your colour take is to perfection, Deborah! Love those mini houses on the alps!

Patricia Hays said...

Great color choices on your wintry scene! Nicely done, Deborah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...