Friday 25 April 2014

Bright Owl ....

..... Hello!  This is going to be a quick post as it's almost time to start getting dinner ready.  This card was made with a couple of challenges in mind:
It's Owl Good - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Feather Friends - Miss You, Feather Friends - Groovy Owl
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
Dies: Dare 2B Artzy - Owl Dies; Spellbinders - Grand Stately Circles (LF-019) #1
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Stampin' Up! - Burlap Ribbon


At Keep it Simple the challenge is to use bright colours and/or lots of sparkle.  I think neon colours are certainly bright.  I've used an owl image to represent a "bright spark" - meaning someone with wisdom.  Owls are often thought to represent wisdom as they were the creature associated with Athena the Goddess of Wisdom.  And I just adore all things owl!!  I this one is just gorgeous and perfect to colour with Copics.  I made the background circle by cutting a circle of vellum and then colouring on the reverse with the neon Copics, running it through my Xyron and adhering it directly to the card.  I cut some burlap ribbon for added texture, then adhered the branch and owl.  I finished with a pun sentiment!  The inside has been left blank.

Yesterday I told you that it was our 13th Anniversary on Tuesday.  When we got home I found this wonderful card in the mail:

From Darnell
I think most of you know Darnell - she is one of the nicest, kindest people in blogland, and she made this card for Jonathan and me.  I absolutely love the grunge theme and the colours.  Thanks so much Darnell - this one is going in my box for keeps!!  I mentioned that we'd made a visit to Belle Isle on Tuesday and took lots of photos.  I took over 400 and haven't edited many yet - but I did do this one of the view towards Detroit City from the island.  It's a great view of the city with the GM building at the far left and the bridge to Belle Isle in the foreground.

Belle Isle - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We've got a very busy weekend lined up.  Tomorrow my Mum is flying over to the States; she's staying with us for a month and I'm so looking forward to seeing her.  But before we pick her up at the airport I'm off to another photo shoot.  I've got so many photos to edit and share with you all.  Bye for now - don't forget to come by tomorrow for our new 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge.  See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Getting a groovy 70s vibe from this card! I hope you have a great time with your mum! She'll be here for Mother's Day! Perfect!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love these fun, bright colors and retro patterns. It reminds me of The Partridge Family! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your colourful Owl card Deborah..

Anne

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh look at all of those fabulous colours and cute little owl - so cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh...what a fun and bright card!! The colors are amazing...love them!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Vickie Z said...

Congrats on your Anniversary! Darnell's card is wonderful! Your pic gives a whole new perspective to Detroit...fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...