Wednesday 2 April 2014

CTD#286 - Two cards ....

... Hi!  I am really excited to be Guest Designer with Colour Throwdown this week! 


The colours are just gorgeous, so fresh and springlike and isn't that graphic fun!  I liked the colours so much that I actually made two cards.

Birthday Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Live Life; Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge; Uniko Studio - Extra Time
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Old Olive
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Old Olive, Clear Embossing Powder

My first card has more of a masculine feel.  I stamped some graffiti style images in Versamark, embossed them with clear powder and then sponged on Daffodil Delight and Pool Party.  I added some more graffiti style images in our colours and finished the front with a birthday greeting in black.  I adhered the panel to a base of Old Olive.  On the inside I stamped more graffiti images on a white panel and left it blank for a message.

Birthday Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's my second card - completely different in style.

Happy in me - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - All Smiles, Grand Peaceful Wildflowers

Inks: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Old Olive
Dies: Die-namics - Grand Peaceful Wildflowers; Lil' Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Pool Party;

My second card is very clean and simple and, I think, very pretty.  I used the Stitched dies to cut out a white panel and  layered it onto a mat of Pool Party design paper.  I stamped the flower on white card, cut it out with the matching die and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  I finished the front with this lovely sentiment.  On the inside I cut another mat of design paper and on the white panel stamped another dandelion.  To me dandelions are very much a sign of spring.  While they drive me, and most gardeners, wild, they are really pretty!

Happy in me inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's gems

As always, the Design Team have provided lots of inspiration with their fabulous cards.  Thanks so much to the team for allowing me to join you this week - I've had lots of fun.  Thanks also for stopping by to check out my cards!  See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Melody said...

Great cards! I just love that background on the first card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards Deb. Love the retro look on the first one... the sponged background looks great. The silhouette flowers look lovely on the second. Congrats on being our guest designer.

Wanda Cullen said...

So different yet both so beautiful! Really love the graphic look in the first card! Congrats on being our star stamper this week!

Joan Ervin said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Deb....the graphic background on the first is sooo awesome...the colors blend perfectly!!! Love your sweet bloom on the second card, too, and I love how you finished off the inside!!! Congrats on your *Star* status!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love both cards! They are both so pretty in totally different ways!

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous creations Deborah! I always tell you that you are the master with the graffiti images. The colors and distressing are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...