Wednesday 2 July 2014

Brighten my day ....

.... Hello and good morning everyone.  I was going through my challenge book last night and realised that I'm really behind on playing along with challenges, but I did see that I still have a couple of days to join in with Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#41 where the cue word is SUN.  It's been a while since I played along, and here's the card I made:

My Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Avery Elle - Bright Days, All Squared Up
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Hello Honey
Dies: Spellbinders - Circles Sm (S4-116) #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Daffodil Delight; SU DP - Daffodil Delight


I've gone for a very literal take on the cue word with a huge sun and simple sentiment.  I made this by stamping the ray around the corner of the card in three colours and then adding a die cut yellow circle on top.  I finished with a simple sentiment in the opposite corner.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of yellow design paper and added another sun and sentiment in the corner, leaving lots of space for a message.

My Day inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I have to tell you that this is not the idea that I started with.  There's a gorgeous sun ray stamp (the one I used on the inside) in the Bright Days set and I thought it would a stunning image for the front of the card.  But I got a bit carried away with stamping layers and ended up with a bright, bold piece of card - but it's not CAS!  I have to say that I love the way it turned out.  It has gone into my scrap pile for now, but I'll have to think of a way to use it!

The last paragraph in yesterday's post I told you I was going to watch the USA v Belgium match at the World Cup.  I watched it, and sadly I have to report that the USA have not made it through to the Quarter finals.  It was a super game.  The final score, after 30 minutes extra time, was 2 - 1 to Belgium.  Tim Howard, USA goalie, was magnificent!   I think it won't be long before the US actually wins the World Cup!  They really believe they can!

That's it for now.  Kathryn had a friend over last night for a sleep over - so totally inappropriately named!  I don't think they fell asleep until gone midnight!  I think we might be going to the movies this morning that is, of course, if they can wake up!!  See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Deb!

Jen W. said...

This is fantastic, Deborah! I LOVE that gorgeous sun!

Deepti said...

Wow this is stunning, great stamping for the sun :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Loll said...

Hi Deborah. Gorgeous sun ... like how you stamped the rays in the different colors and overlapped them - such a fabulous design. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS.

Ardyth said...

STUNNING! Love the boldness of the colours and the scale!

jaydee said...

Deborah, I love your bright multi-colored sun. And I love that you decorated the inside as well. A card sure to brighten the day of the recipient. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Beverley said...

Stunning & gorgeous colours. Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...