Saturday 5 July 2014

Happy Birthday Kylie ....

... Hello again!  I'm back with a birthday card for a special lady - Kylie Purtell.  I think most of us know Kylie either through Addicted to Stamps and More!, Addicted to CAS, STAMPlorations or Inspired by Stamping.  I was lucky enough to join Kylie's team at ASM last year and have been getting to know her better. 

Today it is Kylie's birthday and Loll thought it would be fun to celebrate Kylie's day with a Birthday Blog Party.  If you want to make a card and share it with Kylie, then you can link to Loll's blog.  Here's my card for Kylie:

Kylie's Shoe - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Hero Arts - High Heels
Inks: Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #5, Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #5
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Card - Garden Green, Melon Mambo; Black Card; White Lustre Card; Black/White Check Paper; Cuttlebug EF - D'Vine Swirls; Perfect Pearls; Pebbles Inc Chalks - Brights; White Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella Brush - Clear

Last week I attended a class on the Faux Chalkboard technique, run by Valerie Brincheck at Stampeddler (my local craft store).  I used one of the techniques I learnt to make Kylie's card.  I stamped this fabulous shoe in Versamark on to black paper and then heat embossed it with white powder.  Then I painted the shoe with chalk.  I used my aqua brush to pick up chalk and apply it, like paint, to the shoe.  It's a bit strange because you can't see the chalk at it goes on, but as it dries the colours "magically" appear.  I added a touch of sparkle to the shoe's inside and heel.  I cut out the image and checked backing paper with rectangular dies.  I made the card base from green card and cut a panel of pink to go on top.  I embossed the pink card, inked the swirls with Versamark and then rubbed Perfect Pearls over the top giving a lovely green shimmer.  On the inside of the card I cut a mat layer of the checked paper, a panel of white and a fun sentiment.

Kylie's Shoe inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I don't think Kylie will have received the card yet, but it is on the way!!  Kylie, I hope you have a fabulous birthday and that this Birthday Blog Party is a real surprise.  Have fun!!

signature

4 comments:

Kylie said...

WOW!! This is awesome, Deb!! You have rocked this chalkboard technique. I love it!!! Thanks so much, I have woken up to the best surprise EVER!! xx

Loll said...

Hi Deborah. I have done the chalkboard technique a couple of times, but never used chalk :) That is so cool. LOVE this fun and bright shoe ... the sentiment is perfect! xx

Buffy said...

Great card Debs.
Love the shoe stamp and how you coloured it.
Buffy x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cool shoe and cool colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...