Sunday 14 December 2014

RSD's December Showcase ....

.... Good morning!  It's time for the December showcase of Rick St Dennis's fabulous digi images.  Each month Rick gives us a theme and the team (sometimes all, sometimes a few) is free to pick an image from his extensive collection to showcase.  The theme this month is Valentine - a nice change of pace from all the Christmas and Creepmas cards I've been sharing recently.  Here's my card:

Oodles of Love - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Valentine Turtle; Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments; Uniko Studio - Always & Forever
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Classic Scalloped Heart (S4-137) #5, Classic Heart (S4-136) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red; My Mind's Eye DP - Kiss and Tell; Copic Markers

I've a fondness for Rick's turtles (you've seen his Halloween and Christmas ones here before) and I think this Valentine Turtle (available at Rick's Zibbet shop) is so cute.  I printed her on white card, coloured her with Copic markers and then fussy cut her out.  I edged the image with black marker.  I cut a couple of mat layers in red and this pretty pink design paper.  I used my heart dies to cut a red scalloped mat for the white panel.  I adhered the turtle with some dimensional tape under the feet and then glued it flat to the heart.  I finished the front with this fun sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in pink design paper and on the white panel added some hearts.  I left the middle blank for my message.

Oodles of Love inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do check out our Sparkle and Glitter blog to see some more Valentine showcase pieces from the team.  Bye for now.

signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so darling Deborah! I love all of Rick's turtles and this one you brought to life. I want to thank you personally for sharing your talent with Rick's images on our monthly showcase. Hugs! (Thanks for you kind comments too.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...