Saturday 31 January 2015

52CCT - Pick A Previous ....

...  Hello, good morning!  We've arrived at the last day of January - this month has simply flown by.  We've had five Saturdays this month, so that means we have a bonus challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and I've gone for PICK A PREVIOUS SKETCH.  You can pick any of our previous sketches (click on the link) - just let us know which sketch you're using.  Here's my card:

O Christmas Tree - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Rustic Christmas, Stunning Snowflakes
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Garden Green, Coastal Cabana
Dies: Memory Box - Cross Stitched Frame Borders #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Garden Green; Green Tinsel Embossing Powder; Gold Embossing Powder; Alcohol Inks; Metallic Foil


I decided to use the sketch from July 2014 - I think this is one of my favourite sketches.  I've kept really close to the sketch.  I used some metallic foil for the background layer which was coloured with alcohol inks (from my scrap stash).  I cut die the white panel and stamped the tree and sentiment in Versamark, then heat embossed them both.  I added a few snowflakes to finish the front.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in green and on the white panel added another tree, lots of snowflakes and a simple greeting.

O Christmas Tree inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Check out the blog to see what the rest of the team have made - all so different and all just lovely.  Have fun with the challenge!

signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Deborah, and just as beautiful on the inside. You are so talented! Hugs, Gill xx

Tanja said...

such a beautiful classic Christmas card - love your idea for the inside

Beverley said...

FAB use of Rustic Christmas and you've shown how perfectly it pairs with Stunning Snowflakes. I love your attention to detail and patience to finish the inside of your cards! Hugs Bev x

Fabiola said...

je suis très contente de voir que nous avons choisi le même sketch Deborah, ta version est superbe, très élégante et sobre, biz

Buffy said...

Another stunning card Debs.
Buffy x

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Gorgeous! Such a stylish card and I love that stamp, April xx

Patricia Hays said...

Very nice CAS-styled card!

Julie said...

Love that tree. I used to only do CAS cards. Now I struggle with them
Great card
Julie T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...