Thursday 12 February 2015

AC - I can feel it in my bones ....

..... Hello!  I'm giving you all fair warning after all the pretty roses, birthday balloons and confetti from Uniko Studio's February release; today's card is NOT cute. 

I think it's fair to say that I'm making an early start on this year's Halloween collection - today's card features one of the more scary images from Rick St Dennis.  The image - Dark Holidaze Skullcracker is available at Smeared Ink as an individual digi or as part of the digital collection - Dark Holidaze.  Okay, now for my card:

Something Wicked - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Smeared Ink (Rick St Dennis) - Dark Holidaze Skullcracker; Waltzingmouse - All Hallows Eve; Impression Obsession - Hand Over the Candy
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler; Memento - London Fog, Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Modern Stationery (S5-219)
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kanban DP - Mechanica; SU Card - Basic Black; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold; Perfect Pearls - Red, Rust

I actually got this image for the 12 Days of Creepmas at the end of last year, but didn't get around to using it.  So this creepy soldier has been sitting on my desk for a while looking for a place to go.  I covered a card with the diamond print design paper which turned out to be the perfect match for my perfect pearls!!  I stamped the church ruin in Versamark and rubbed on red and rust perfect pearls, set it with a light spritz of wather and then adhered the panel to the card.  I added the soldier at the front - guarding the ruin!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and on the white panel added a fun Halloween sentiment.  I've also taken a close up of the ruin so you can see the shimmer!


Something Wicked inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Something Wicked detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Well, that was fun!  It's to do something a littlle left of centre after all the pretty stuff!  If you like this image from Rick St Dennis, then check out his Zibbet or Esty shops - there's a huge selection of images to pick from - have fun!!!  See you tomorrow.

signature

2 comments:

maria f. said...

12 Days of Creepmas - get outta town! I kinda like that funky BG ;)

Jackie said...

OMG it seems like forever since I visited your wonderful blog. What a lot of fabulous cards :o)
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...