Monday 2 February 2015

SNG - Rule the World ....

.....  Morning all!  I do hope that everyone had a good weekend - we had a great time.   Kathryn and I got some quality girl time together on Saturday and Jonathan headed out to Grand Rapids for a photoshoot.  The weather was fab - it was cold, but we had blue skies and sunshine.  Our plans for Sunday were somewhat revised when we woke to a thick covering of snow and more snow all day.  Instead of a trip to our friends to watch the Superbowl, we stayed home.  It worked for me - lots of time in my craft room and I made this card:

Rule the World - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - The Original Morning Goddess; Verve - Better with You
Inks: Versafine - Vintage Sepia; Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo; Kaisercraft DP - Kaleidoscope; Copic Markers

I love this image!  She's such fun and really easy to colour, you can find her and several variations on the Morning Goddess theme at Rick's Zibbet and Esty shops.  I printed her on white card, coloured her with Copic markers, fussy cut her out and then edged the image with a black marker.  One of my resolutions this year is to USE (yes really!!) the design paper that I have in my stash, so I found a piece that co-ordinated with my coloured image and covered the base of the card.  I do like the slightly distressed look to the paper.  I finished the front by stamping a fun sentiment on green card, layering it on bright pink and adhering to the card.  I then attached my Morning Goddess - glue at her feet and dimensional tape at the top.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and added a fun sentiment to the white panel.

Rule the World inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had planned on an afternoon in my craft room tidying up, but instead Jonathan and I enjoyed a Supernatural fest!  We started watching the series at the end of last year and yesterday afternoon we reached the end of Season 6!!  Only four more seasons to go!!    We decided to watch the Superbowl too!  I do enjoy watching the adverts.  Katy Perry was super - we all enjoyed that.  As for the match - well I still find American football a bit stop/start for me, but it was okay.  I was hoping that the Seahawks would win again, but it wasn't to be!!

We've got a snow day here in Northville - Kathryn's school is closed and Jonathan's office closed too!  So a three day weekend!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Love the image Debs, she's great. Super card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...