Saturday 14 March 2015

Capture the moment ....

.... Hello again!  I've had a really fun day.  Kathryn and I went up to Twelve Oaks (local mall) this morning.  She wanted to visit Hot Topic (her favourite shop) and check out some new clothes.  They had in their new line of Cinderella themed dresses - Kathryn fell in love!!!  We left the shop with new clothes!!!  Then we went to the cinema to see the movie Cinderella.  It was really lovely - we both enjoyed it very much.  It was a lovely way to spend the morning.  Then this afternoon, I got a bit of time to play in my craft room and came up with this card:

Capture the Moment - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Strike a Pose
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crushed Curry, Basic Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Kaisercraft DP - Shine Bright; Clear Embossing Powder


This is my take on Michele's MUSE - MUSE#108 card - I love the bold yellow and black colours as well as the layout.  This week's challenge at Cardz 4 Guys - C4G#61 is hobbies/pastimes and the theme on this card is photography - my husband's favourite hobby.  I made the base from black card and covered the front with this fab design paper.  I stamped the dotty photo frame (like a Polaroid) on white card and embossed with clear powder.  I stamped some film rolls (not something you see much these days) in the frame.  I stamped the camera in yellow, cut it out and layered it on some black card and attached it to the frame with dimensional tape.  I stamped the sentiment in yellow and clear embossed, cut it out and layered it on black card, attaching it with dimensional tape.    On the inside I cut a panel of white card, added a strip of the design paper to one edge and added a sentiment at the foot of the panel.

Strike a Pose inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsStrike a Pose sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card is going in my stash - I've a couple of guys in my life who will really appreciate this one!!!  I've just seen that my feather card has an Honourable Mention over at the MUSE challenge - thanks ladies, feeling really chuffed! That's all for today, see you tomorrow.

signature

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

I'm going to see Cinderella on Monday with a friend - can't wait! Love that you took a completely different theme with the Muse card and still it works perfectly for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Deborah! We have March break this week - do you? If yes, enjoy the time with your Kathryn!

Cazro said...

I love your yellow and black photography card. A lovely touch is the stamped background with the film reel. so pleased you joined in our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

JayBe said...

A great design and great choice of theme, Deborah - thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Kimbo said...

Great card - very striking colours

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Julie B said...

This is certainly a bright and bold take on this weeks challenge Deborah.
Love how you incorporated the Muse challenge into your design.
Thanks for linking up with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Deborah I love your card, and every element. Something tells me you will make your husband smile, too... thanks for playing cards with me this week!!
=] Michele

Jenni's Jems said...

Love your design and a really great card for a guy! x

Pat K said...

Great masculine card Deborah. Love the colour scheme. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Pat K (GDT)

Joan said...

Great colour combination, fab card for a guy

Thanks for Joining us at Cardz4guyz this week

Joan

Helen said...

A great card - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...