Friday 30 October 2015

Black and white ....

.... Good afternoon!  The Dylusions Facebook Challenge this month is to use only BLACK AND WHITE (if you have a person you can use flesh tones).  The perfect challenge to start off my new square black art journal.  Here's the spread:

Love Life - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dylusions - Two Heads are Better than One, Word Love
Inks: Archival - Jet Black; Dylusions Paint/Ink - White Linen
Accessories: Dylusions Sq Black Journal; Dylusions 8" × 5" Stencils - Flower Medley, Arrow Borders, Stars (not sure of the name); Signo White Pen; Wink of Stella - Black, Clear; Sakura Glaze Pen - Black; Sharpie Fine Liner - Black

I wasn't at all sure where I was going with this spread.  I started on the right side and sprayed White Linen ink through stencils.  I added white lines around the borders of some images and filled in most of the petals on the flowers at the top of the page.  I added a border of arrows down the side - some I coloured white, some were painted with black or clear Wink of Stella - they shimmer so much in real-life!  On the left page I decided to keep the background simpler, but echoed the patterns on the right.  I painted a couple white patches on which I stamped two words "Love Life" - seems a good motto to live by.  I lightly sprayed with the white ink and added arrows across the bottom.  I finished the spread with this fabulous image.  I stamped her on white paper and to add definition to the image went over portions with a black glaze pen, black Wink of Stella and a white Signo.  I ran her through my Xyron and adhered her flat to the page.  I had lots of fun with this.  Here are a couple of close up photos of each page:

Love Life R - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Love Life L - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I finished the spread just in time to play along this month.  That's all for now!  Bye!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...