Friday 15 January 2016

UC - Anything Goes ....

.... Morning!  Winter has finally arrived in Michigan.  After a very slow start, with December being almost entirely snow free and much warmer than normal, this past week has seen WINTER!!!  In fact I didn't go out of the house on Monday and Tuesday, but stayed inside.  I have to admit that I didn't get too much crafting done - I was out shovelling the snow off the drive and paths!  Hey ho!

It's time for the first Uniko Challenge  - USC#28 of the year.  We've kept things nice and simple for the first challenge with a theme of ANYTHING GOES, but if you want, there's also the option of "LOVE".  I went for the AG option and made a sympathy card - I seem to have none left in my stash.  Here's my card:

With Sympathy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Nature's Treasures 1, Flower Power #1
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Baja Breeze, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Tim Holtz Watercolour Paper


I used a couple of challenges in the making of this card.  At Happy Little Stampers CAS - HLSCAS01 the challenge is to use the 'smooshing' technique and I've picked the colours from the current House of Cards Challenge - HOC01-16.

I die cut a piece of watercolour paper as the smooshing technique works so much better on this than my normal card!  Guess you'll know how I found that out ;)  This technique is so easy.  I pressed a small acrylic block on the ink pad, lightly spritzed it with water and then pressed it on the watercolour paper - I love the random effect it gives.  Once the ink was dry I stamped the fern image in Versafine ink and used the second impression to give a shadow.  Next I stamped the sentiment.  I finished by matting the paper on black card.  On the inside I cut another mat of black card and on the white panel I added three ferns using the green inks.

With Sympathy sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWith Sympathy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the Uniko blog to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  And, as always, there are prizes - full details on Bev's blog.  Have fun!

signature

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

Calming & subtle - just right for a sympathy card x

Rachel Jolley said...

Soft, elegant, lovely card, perfect as a sympathy card.

Mynn xx said...

This is so soft and pretty, Deb. I think it's a perfect sympathy card, even though it's for a sad occasion! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Stunning colours, gorgeous smooshing and perfect use of those Uniko stamps Debs. Great sympathy card and so elegant. Sarah x

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs. I adore it's simplicity, so elegant

Buffy x

Nicki S said...

This is very pretty! I love the randome watercolor background, and that branch stamp looks perfect on top of it!

Naki said...

Yea...I enjoyed nice, warm December here upstate NY too...but winter is here now! This card is amazing! it's so CAS but just breathtaking my friend!

Jane said...

Perfect! Love the smooshed background and the Nature's Treasures' fern.

Greta said...

Absolutely perfect sympathy card, Deborah! Love the color palette & softness of the design! Stay warm!

Sue said...

This is so delicate and gentle, Deborah. Great smooshing!

Joan B said...

this is a fabulous sympathy card. I've yet to master smooshing but you've got it down!!!

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful card, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at HOC, Jo x HOC/DT

Toni said...

what a wonderful sympathy card. Very soothing. thanks for sharing!

Toni
HOC DT

Donna said...

Wonderful sympathy card, I like how you carried your design to the inside. Glad you joined us at House of Cards. Donna HOC DT

Neets B said...

The smooshing of your acrylic blocks looks great paired with the foliage. Lovely colour combo too.
Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

kartkadopolski said...

This is simply perfect. I love CAS :)
Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards January Challenge: Color or Embossing

Katarzyna Ewa

my blog
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
DT House of Cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...