Sunday 28 February 2016

CIC - Theme ....

... Good morning!  It's time for our new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#349 where we have a theme - PRINCESS.  I wasn't able to play along last week (busy at Back to Back Retreat in Florida), so I'm pleased to be here this week.  Our sponsor is this week is AlciaBel and the winner of the challenge will get three digi images.  The team were lucky to be able to pick an image to play with and I chose Umbrella's Lady.  Here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: AliciaBel Dig - Umbrella's Lady; Happy Little Stampers - Fun Birthday Sentiments; Dovecraft - Princess
Inks: Versafine - Vintage Sepia; Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Ovals Stax #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; My Mind's Eye DP - Summer Papers; Copic Markers; SU Card - Early Espresso; Wink of Stella - Clear


I really like this little lady - she's quite fun - check out the tiny skulls on her skirt and her hat!  I used the colours in the graphic as inspiration for colouring the image.  In my stash I found crown stamp which is perfect for the theme.  I used the layout from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#225.  The crowns fit nicely down one side of the card and I used pretty patterned paper for the large panel.  I printed the image on white card, coloured her with Copic markers and used a scalpel to cut her out.  I die cut an oval panel from white card, adhered the image and added some little gems.  I finished the front of the card with a simple birthday greeting.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper, which I edge with a brown marker and adhered to the card.  On the white panel I stamped the crown again and added the crown.  I added sparkle to the main image (skulls, umbrella, lips and hat) with a clear Wink of Stella brush and also to the hearts in the crowns.  Sadly you can't see it in the photo!

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with our Princess theme, do visit our blog to see more cards from the rest of the team.  That's all for now!

signature

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Deborah your card is adorable!! Love the girl and those crowns are perfect. Have a great week!

cm said...

Back-to-back retreats in Florida? Oh my...sounds like fun! I'm smiling brightly in seeing your Umbrella Lady, all stylish and snazzy in her pretty pink outfit! The crowns along the side are fabulous, as is the 'wonky' stitches oval you've placed her on! Fun, fresh and fabulous, my friend!
Hugs~carol

Pauline said...

What a pretty card Deborah!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card Deborah. The image is such a cutie and you've coloured her brilliantly.
Sharon xx

Dorothy S said...

This is so cute - what a great layout as well as amazing dots!
Thanks for picking my card at Cupcake inspirations.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Deborah, just love your sweet card and darling image...and of course the sparkles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...