Friday 5 February 2016

Rock Your Handwriting ...

... Good afternoon - I completely lost track of time this morning - time moves so much faster as you get older!!! Hey ho. No card today, instead I'm going to share the pages I've done on the ROCK YOUR HANDWRITING challenge which is hosted by Jessica of Pretty Prints & Paper.


RYHW detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsI actually came across this challenge when I saw some links on Facebook. The challenge is actually based on Instagram (which I don't use too often) but you can link to FB. It's a month long challenge with 29 prompts - one for each day - drills, word prompts and applications. The object is to take part in as many as you can and practice your handwriting. We use computers so much nowadays, that our handwriting skills tend to atrophy! At least mine does. The challenge started on 1st February and, as is often the way, I'm coming in a bit late.

I started by finding a notebook to use - I have so many in my stash. I'm using is a graph ruled composition notebook with a plastic cover. The pages in these notebooks are not the best quality and inks tend to bleed, so I started by taping two pages together with a piece of washi tape along the edge. It has the added advantage of making the page edges quite tough. Here's a photo of the page edges. I have lots of washi tape in my craft room and it was really nice to be able to use so much. I was amazed to find that I had so many co-ordinating colours.

I decided that the first page of the note book should be a list of the prompts for the month.  I used my set of 20 Staedtler Triplus Fineliners, along with the neon Triplus and Gel Triplus pens.  I have a passion for all things "stationery", but I think that's common with many crafters.  Here's the index page:

RYHW - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Today I tackled the first three prompts - "My Name", "Before", and "5 Facts About Me".  I concentrated on my first name - DEBORAH.  When I was a little girl I thought it was such a big name and I preferred to be called Debby, with a y. And, as it was a really popular name the year I was born, there were always lots of Deborahs in my class.  As I got older, I found I preferred to be called by my full name - and that's what I like today.  I had fun finding out the variations of my name and also discovered that it's really not popular anymore.  Only 71 girls were named Deborah in the UK in 2013 - sad really!!

RYHW1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The next prompt was "Before".  I was a tad confused by this prompt - before what? Well, I decided that I'd write a few lines in my handwriting and find some quotes containing the word before.

RYHW2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The last page that I completed today was lots of fun.  The prompt was "5 Facts About Me" - so many possibilities. You can read the ones I picked for today - they may well be different another day.  I used my Stabilo Pen 68 set for this page.

RYHW3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm not sure whether my handwriting is going to improve while I take part in this challenge, but it is going to be fun.  When I take it slowly, my writing's not too bad, but sadly I often rush and then my writing tends to end up a right mess!  That's all for now.  Take care.

signature

1 comment:

Jane said...

Love this Deborah! Think I might just have to join in and also be late to the party. So many notebooks to choose from, can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...