Friday 26 February 2016

UC - Colours Reminder ....

... Hi!  I bet you thought I'd forgotten about you all!  Not so.  I've very busy with stuff in the house - more of that later.

Have you joined in with our latest challenge at Uniko?  Well, if you haven't I thought I'd give you a quick reminder - we have some wonderful colours for you to play along with this month. They are the Uniko colours - Turquoise, pink and aqua and I've a clean, simple card to share with you:

Come & Share - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - I Love Tea
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pink Pirouette; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette; Gems


I adore this pretty teacup and the lovely flower pattern from Bev's new release, so I had to play with it again.  I used a couple of challenges:

I used up some of my large huge collection of scraps on this card.  I simply cut a couple of strips of dotty paper for the teacup to sit on and adhered them flat to the card.  I stamped the teacup on another scrap, cut it out and added some white paper inside (I like my crockery to be plain on the inside!).  I stamped the sentiment and then added a trail of little gems for some sparkle.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and added a tiny heart in pink to the white panel. Quick and easy.

Come & Share inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCome & Share sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team, along with our Guest Designer - AJ - who has made a wonderful note set!


If you need more encouragement to join in with the challenge - we have prizes too!  Here are the details:

THE PRIZES

  • The DT will choose a winner who will get a £20 gift voucher.
  • The DT choose a Top 3 who will each get 50 Loyalty Rewards Points added to their customer account.
  • We will do a random draw for all those who use A UNIKO stamp, and this winner will get 150 Loyalty Reward Points added to their customer account
You've got plenty of time to play along with this month's challenge.  The deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) on Friday 11th March (7.00pm EDT).

Now, before I go - the reason this post is late is that I was so tired last night I forgot to finish it. We've had a major blast of winter in the Northville area for the last couple of days.  On Wednesday I had to clear nearly 4" of snow from the drive and paths - which normally wouldn't be too bad as I'd use my snow blower, but it's dead!!  Sob!  It took ages.  And then, it continued to snow and yesterday, when the snow finally stopped, Jonathan, Kat and I all went out to clear a further 5" from the drive and paths.  It was so nice to have company.  Kat had a snow day (school was closed) and Jonathan's office was also closed (but he worked from home).  So nice to wake up today to clear paths and drive!!  And no snow in the forecast for the weekend.

The other reason that my blog has gone a bit quiet lately is that we're moving house. And before you ask, not back to the UK.  Our Landlords are coming back to the US and want their house back (don't blame them, it's lovely).  We had to start looking for a new place and fully expected it to take ages. But it didn't!!  We found our new home in about two weeks!  So at the moment I'm up to my eyes getting removal quotes, sorting through our stuff to reduce it a bit and going between the two houses. And, I'm not getting too much time to craft.  But I plan to get some time today!  I will post photos once we're in the new place!

That's all for now - do have a go at our Uniko challenge - have fun!

signature

9 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeous showcase of the teacup Debs and it looks great in this month's challenge colours. Awesome card. Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a really busy time, what with lots of snow and house moving, lucky for us you had time to create this pretty dotty card, absolutely love the sentiment.

Marie

p.s. good luck with the move

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab card Deborah. Love the clean, fresh colours.
Hope the house move goes well for you.
Sharon xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely card!! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

Love the card - the decorated cup is lovely. Good luck with the move. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week, hope to see you as soon as you can find the time again!

Contagiously Crafty said...

What a lovely color challenge - the colors look lovely together. The washi tape is perfect. So glad you joined the City Crafter Challenge.

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Love all the polka dots! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Skylark said...

This sketch was made for using up scraps wasn't it! Love the homely sentiment and good luck with your move! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at CC&S this week. Stef x

Louise van Vuren said...

I really like this, Deborah, I've often looked at that tea cup stamp and wished I had it, coupled with that awesome sentiment it's just fab. Thanks for joining us at CC&S
Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...