Monday 9 May 2016

Silly love songs ....

... Hi, good morning! I was on a roll yesterday making cards and I've got one more card for our Shakespeare theme challenge at The Male Room - TMR#34. Once again I've got a musical theme on my card, but then Shakespeare has so many quotes about music and I've based this on "If music be the food of love, play on .." from Twelfth Night:

Silly love songs - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Casual Friday Stamps - Love Notes; Stampin' Up! - Musical Manuscript
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Desert Heat; Memento - Grey Flannel; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #3; Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #7; CFS - Heart Note
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red, Basic Black; SU DP - Basic Black


As the quote is about love, I decided to make this a love card for my husband. I picked shades of red, so I'm submitting this to Cardz 4 Guys - C4G#118 where they have a monochrome theme. Jonathan is a keen music fan and he'll enjoy this card. I love the fun sentiment and die cut the musical heart note in red and black and layered them to give a little dimension. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black design paper and added a greeting on the white panel.

Silly love songs inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today - I've got to get on with some house stuff and finish off emptying the boxes. Only two rooms to go! See you soon.

signature

2 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Super card, I love the main image stamp, might need to do some shopping now.... Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Cazro said...

A lovley card, a good interpretation of the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...