Wednesday 8 June 2016

Dad's day ....

.... Hello again! I'm back with another Father's Day card to share with you. I CASEd my own card for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#37. I made this one for my father-in-law:

Dad - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Watercolour Wash, Words of Truth; Uniko - Nautical Treasure
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolor - Vineyard
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dad
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; SU DP - Always Artichoke


After I'd made the blue/green card, I decided to make a similar one with different colours. I stamped the watercolour wash with another Kalediacolor pad - love the more muted shades here. This time I die cut the word 'Dad' in white and black card and stuck them together to give some dimension to the work. I stamped the two lines of text and added the die cut word. On the inside I cut a mat layer of green design paper and added some decoration to the white panel. Once again, I'm going to submit this card to CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#175 and The Paper Players - PP#298.

Dad inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsDad sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today. See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, this is a great card! I love the watercolor wash! It is so colorful and perfect for you FIL! SO happy you joined my theme challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Hannelie said...

Awesome Dad card Deborah!
Thanks for playing along with us at CASe this sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

What a perfect card for dad!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great combination of challenges to produce a great modern Dad card. Thanks for sharing it with us over at The Paper Players!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...