Friday 7 October 2016

Beauty in the simple things ....

.... Hi! I've been playing in my craft room this morning - I should have been tidying, but this was more fun!! I've a clean and simple card to share with you today:

Beauty - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Originally Organic
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Poppystamps - Sparkle Burst Stars
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Wisteria Wonder; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card; Brusho - Violet, Turquoise; Wink of Stella - Clear; Copics


I was messing around with Brusho crystals and watercolour card this morning (thanks Kylie for the inspiration). I used the colours from this week's Less is More - LIM#296 - LILAC and TURQUOISE, along with the option of die cuts. As I've used watercolours on this card I'm also playing along with Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#98 and it's quite CAS, so I'm also playing at Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#214.

I sprinkled some Brusho crystals on watercolour card and spritzed on some water, and let the magic happen. I love the way these crystals move. I was going to die cut something from the water coloured card, but instead I die cut these stars on the card and put the watercolour panel behind. I do like the way this looks. I finished the front of the card with a simple sentiment in black. On the inside I cut a mat layer of lilac card and on the white panel stamped a pretty organic flower. So pleased to finally have my Uniko stamps!!! I coloured the image with copics and added some sparkle too.

Beauty inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeauty sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We have another gorgeous day here in Northville, but I have noticed that the trees are starting to change colour. I'll put up some photos soon. I think the best of the colour is likely to be next week. That's all for now. Do stop by tomorrow for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown!

signature

4 comments:

Esther said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The loose effect of the Brushos behind the crisp die cut edges is really stunning. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Super to see you over at Less is More Deborah! You've made such a classy and elegant card with our colour combination. I didn't realise the die cuts were stars because they look so much like snowflakes with that colour combo behind them. Delish! Thank so much for sharing this with us. xx

Sarah G said...

That brushos background works perfectly with the die cuts, Deborah! Love the Uniko sentiment too. Great to see you at Less is More :)

Helen Gullett said...

Beautiful card. Love those bubbles look like snowflakes.
Thank you for playing along with Addicted To Stamp and More - CAS Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...