Friday 21 October 2016

Uniko - colours .....

.... Hello! It's time for our new challenge at Uniko. We've got a colour challenge for you this month and it's a fun one - we want to see RAINBOW colours on your cards. I've made a one layer birthday card for my Mum. It was her birthday on 18th October, so hopefully she'll have received the card by now. But I'm still safe sharing it here, even if she hasn't got it. Mum is not tech savvy!!! Here's the card I made for her:

Best Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Gerbera, Simply Said Birthday
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog; Kaleidacolor - Pastel
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! DP - Real Red; Staedtler - Aquarell Pencils; Clear Embossing Powder


I was watching one of Jennifer MacGuire's videos the other day and decided to have a go at the technique she showed - sentiment backgrounds. I stamped the large gerbera daisy in the centre of the card and heat embossed the iamge with clear powder. I decided to colour the image with water colour pencils for a slightly softer look. I started with red in the centre and then went out either side with the colours of the rainbow. I used a water brush to pull out the colours. I stamped the main birthday greeting in black and then repeated the words "on your birthday" using a soft grey ink. Having a MISTI stamper made the process of repeat stamping so quick. On the inside I cut a mat layer of bright red design paper. Red is Mum's favourite colour. On the white panel I stamped the solid gerbera daisy using pastel rainbow inks and finished with a simple greeting.

Best Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBest Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close-up photo of the gerbera daisy - it's so pretty. I wish they came like this in real life!!

Best Wishes detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to AAA Cards - AAA#75 where they have a photo inspiration. Love the rainbow coloured pinwheel - obviously my inspiration are the rainbow colours. For more rainbow inspiration cards do visit our blog to see more from the Design Team. We have a Guest Designer with us this month - Hannelie - who is someone I've admired for a long while, and she's a whizz with CAS cards.

That's all for now!

signature

7 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

The gerbera is awesome in rainbow colours Debs and you've worked Mrs McGuire's tutorial to a T there! It's such an eyecatching idea but so simple isn't it. I gave it a whirl too! I'm sure your mum will love her card and thanks for linking up at AAA Cards too. Sarah x

sandie said...

Such a unique idea for a rainbow card. I love your thinking. I saw this tutorial and really like how you adapted it using a different sentiment, inspired. Thanks for joining AAA

Sarah G said...

Loving your rainbow gerbera, Deborah along with the clever sentiment stamping! A great fun and fresh design :)

Lindsey said...

Ooh like the background! Very pretty Deb x

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card, love the colorful flower, perfect for our challenge. thanks for playing along at AAA Cards!

Jane said...

How gorgeous is that gerbera wearing it's coat of many colours. Fabulous!

Beverley said...

WOW! Loving this Deborah, seeing new ideas and techniques with older (yet favourite) clear stamps is always such a delight for me to see. The Gerbera really shines in this rainbow of colours and I really like the cascade of sentiment stamping behind too. Beautifully done and such a wonderful showcase of Uniko. Thank you and Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...