Saturday 17 December 2016

Birthday Girl ....

...... Good morning! Half-way through December - time is going by so fast! Only a week until Christmas. But, before that my niece, Georgia, is celebrating her 16th birthday today. She's grown into a beautiful young woman, and this is the card that I made for her:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Visible Image - Tomorrow Doesn't Exist, Rays of Light; Uniko - Simply Said Birthday; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Whole Shebang; Stampin' Up! - 25 Days
Inks: SU - Rose Red, Sweet Sugar Plum, Pink Pirouette; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Sweet Sugar Plum; Clear Embossing Powder


I decided to make a one-layer card as it's so much easier to post. I know that teenagers today are so much more "with-it" than when I was 16, but they still get excited by turning 16. I used this wonderful girl jumping for joy as the main image. I stamped her and the word Happy in Versafine onyx black and heat embossed them with clear powder. I cut a mask to protect the girl and then stamped the fireworks. I stamped the number 16 over the palest of the firework burst and added the word birthday to finish the front of the card. Fairly clean and simple. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale plum card and on the white panel added a fun greeting along with a few more firework bursts.
I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#5 where this month is ANYTHING GOES.


Hopefully this card will have arrived in Plymouth and Georgia has it on display along with the rest of her cards from family and friends. That's all for today.

signature

3 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

An absolutely perfect teenager card!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Awesome card, inside and out! Your niece will love this! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Great card for a teenager. Good luck in the LTCCB challenge Pen DT member x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...