Saturday 25 February 2017

CCT - Reminder ....

... Hello! This is just a quick reminder of our current challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT04. We want to see you use the Sun/Starburst technique on your cards. It's a fun way to use up some of the design paper stash that we all have!! I was on a roll last week when I made my Snowman card. I decided to make another card, this time a little more elegant:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps:Stampin' Up! - Flurry of Wishes
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Glisten; Gold Textured Mirri Card; Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder


This time I made my triangular panels all the same size - I cut rectangles 4" x 1½" wide and then cut them corner to corner to create the triangles. It was much easier to fit them together this time! I adhered the strips on a small panel of scrap card, edged the finished panel with a gold marker pen and then attached it to some white card on which I had previously stamped the greeting. I also edged this panel with the gold marker. I finished the front with an embossed gold snowflake. I stamped it on scrap card, embossed it with gold tinsel powder and then carefully cut it out! On the inside I cut a mat layer of some design paper and stamped a large greeting on the white panel, along with a few gold snowflakes.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We're half way through our challenge and the Design Team have made a few more examples to inspire you. Do visit our blog. Deadline for submission is midnight GMT on Friday 3rd March, that's 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...