Sunday 12 February 2017

Let the cute begin ....

.... Morning! It's been a nice lazy time here today. Jonathan is watching the football. Sadly, Leicester are not doing well at the moment. Kat is doing homework and that means I get to play. So I've made a cute baby card:

Cute begin - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Best of Brides & Babies; Uniko - Sweet Baby
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Pacific Point
Dies: Lil Inkers - Diamond Lace Coverplate, Wonky Rectangles #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pacific Point; Copics; Clear EmbossingPowder; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


The challenge over at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - SSWC0902 is to make a "CUTE" card, so I knew just what image I wanted to use. I'm also submitting the card to Happy Little Stamps Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAG02 and also to their CAS challenge - HLSCAS02 where they want us to use blue. I made the card from blue card and cut a panel of white card exactly the same size. I die cut a dotty pattern using one of my new coverplate dies and adhered it to the card. I used my MISTI to stamp this image on some scrap card. I coloured it with Copics and then put it back in the MISTI and restamped using Versafine which I heat embossed with clear powder, this gives a really crisp black outline. I used a fun shaped die to cut out the sentiment and attached it with dimensional tape. On the inside I cut a panel of white card on which I stamped a bold greeting and a cute little teddy bear.

Cute begin inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCute begin sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card is going into my stash as I'll be needing it in May - a friend of our is expecting her first baby then and we already know that she's having a boy!

It's almost time to get some lunch for us all, but after that, it's back to play! See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awwww....totally adorable!

sandie said...

Such a cute card and super colouring. Thanks for joining HLS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! sooooooo sweet, a lovely card.

Seems Swansea beat Leicester on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me gloat? never LOL.
Faith
x

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh this is so CUTE! LOVE it!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

So sweet! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die Challenge

Emma - DT

Teresa Kline said...

hello deborah! this is an adorable card, I luv the background....great photo of you too! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Linda said...

This is such a cute design ... great background. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx

Helen Gullett said...

This is cute and sweet CAS card! Love that background, too!
Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...