Friday 24 February 2017

Uniko - Uniko Style ....

.... Hello! We've arrived at the last day of introductions to Uniko's new release - the big day is tomorrow. However, before that I want to share with you a bold, bright card using the last of our new sets - Uniko Style:

Thank You - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Uniko Style; All Occasion Sentiments #3, Flower Power #5
Ink: Distress - Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean; Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Basic Black; Clear Embossing Powder

This set has a bold, graphic look and is based on one of Bev's favourite designs - Marimekko. I'd not heard of this before, so I googled it. While browsing the fabulous images, I came across some examples of fabrics (see below) and I CASED the blue flowers. You'll see more of the others soon!

I started by punching a number of 1" and ½" circle masks for the centre of each flower. I used my MISTI so that I was able to repeat stamp the images. I did as Distress sometimes is a bit blotchy with polymer stamps. After stamping the flowers I removed the masks and then painted some water around the edge allowing the ink to fade a little. I inked up a contrasting colour and then stamped the centre of each flower. I finished the front of the card by adding the black accents. As this is such a dramatic card, I created a bold, but simple, greeting. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added another flower and finished the greeting.

 Thank You inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had lots of fun with this set - as you'll see tomorrow! So that's the introductions finished.

RELEASE DAY! Saturday 25th February - lots more inspiration from the Design Team, your chance to buy the stamps from Uniko's shop and, as always, a Design Team Blog Hop and Giveaway!

Here are the pictures I found while on Google - so pretty!


Bye for now! See you tomorrow.

signature

9 comments:

Jane said...

Love it in your blues, love it anyway!

Izzy Scrap said...

I'm definitely in love of this stamp and even more when I see your gorgeous card in blue ! There are so many possibilities to use it and with so many colours ! Absolutely awesome card ! Thanks for sharing.

Lindsey said...

It's lovely to see a bit of masking so that the flower centres are paler. Great in blues! Fab xx

cm said...

The Uniko Style flowers are uber-cool, and the bonus: I learned something new today with respect to the Marimekko style! Your flowers' 'off set' centers (does that make sense?) that you've masked are sooooo eye-catching! Fabulous finale to absolutely remarkable, inspired showcases of this new release!
Hugs~carol

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How clever of you Deborah, love the result you have achieved.
Faith
x

Liz Turnbull said...

These are Beautiful vibrant cards, love the shape of the flowers, they are 'Uniko'
Regards Liz

Rahmat said...

Gorgeous blue Deborah, such a fun card!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Snap! Looks like we googled the same images and went with the striking blue look too. Love your design and great stamping. x

Denise Bryant said...

Fun card! Love the pics for different color combo ideas too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...