Sunday 5 March 2017

Christmas in the pink ....

... Morning! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful with bright blue skies and brilliant sunshine, sadly it was only about -1C (30F) at midday!! Today looks like it's going to be warmer, but a bit greyer! I had fun in my craft room yesterday making some more Christmas cards for my stash.

Wonderful Time - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Silver Bells; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear


I'm submitting this card to Merry Monday Challenge - MM#237 where they want to see shimmer and sparkle. I think this works. The layout is based on our sketch at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT05. Once again there's no stamping on the card, I just used up some of the paper scraps from the Silver Bells pad. I covered the base with two pieces of pink paper covered with shimmery silver snowflakes. I added four stripes of co-ordinating paper - one of which has a greeting. I finished the front with a rectangular greeting panel that I edged with a silver pen. I attached it with dimensional tape. On the inside I used another piece of design paper for the mat layer and on the white panel added a greeting (slightly crooked!).

Wonderful Time inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWonderful Time sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I won't be crafting at all for the rest of the day. Instead, we are all off to a photo shoot up in Pontiac. We go to David Birdsong's studios where we will be taking photos of the lovely Kristan Sawyer. The last time I took photos of her was back in September 2015 when she was pregnant!! Here's one of the photos I took:

Kristan - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This was such a fun shoot. Kristan had a lovely little girl who is now almost 1½ years old going to show how fast time goes!!

That's all for now! See you soon.

signature

4 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

AlisonC said...

It's really the only thing to do when it's that cold! That paper is beautiful and deserves to be shown off like this.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colour scheme and the strips of paper :-) Xx

Fabiola said...

Une nouvelle et très jolie version Deborah, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...