Wednesday 6 September 2017

Uniko - Polka Dots and Word Blocks ....

... Good morning! You've seen the sneak peeks, and now it's time to introduce the new stamps from Uniko. Today we are introducing two new sets. The first is an addition to the Background Blocks series and it features POLKA DOTS - just love them!! The second set is an addition to the Simply Said series - this time the words are in blocks. I've combined them both on this card:

Inspire Me - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Polka Dots, Pure Florals Gerbera, Simply Said Blocks, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Inks: Gina K - Onyx Black; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! - Basic Black; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Silver Shimmer Washi Tape


When I made this card, I hadn't received the actual stamps - Bev kindly sent me the digital images and I was able to print them off to size. I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps Challenge - SSC#160 for the layout. I cut the polka dot panel to size and layered it on some black card and attached it to the card base. I forgot to add some silver string, so used a strip of silver shimmer washi and and thin strip of the polka dot panel to make my own. I stamped the gerbera image on white card and used Copics to create a rainbow coloured flower, cut it out and added some sparkle all over with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I attached the flower with some dimensional tape on the side that over hangs the dotty panel. I finished the front with a simple sentiment - I think there are some super words in this set. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped the polka dots in silver shimmer ink and added a bold word in the centre, I finished the panel by adding a couple of rainbow gerbera daisies. I wish you could get daisies like this for real!!!

Inspire Me inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsInspire Me sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You've seen the peeks, and you've used seen how I've used the stamps. Do visit the Uniko blog to see how the rest of the team have used these sets - they're fabulous!!! Before I go, here's a quick reminder of the release schedule:

Introductions: 6th - 8th August - your chance to see how these stamps are in action

RELEASE DAY: Saturday 9th August, 9.00am BST. You get to see the whole release and see how the Design Team have used them on their projects. As is traditional, there will be a DT Blog Hop - do leave comments as you go along as there's a GIVEAWAY too! You can get the stamps at the Uniko Shop.

That's all from me today - do come back tomorrow to see more introduction cards! Bye for now.

signature

17 comments:

Rahmat said...

Brilliant shimmer on your card Deborah, love the rainbow bloom against the stripes and dots.

Lindsey said...

Wonderful vibrant card - I love rainbow colour ways and can't beat a bit of shimmer! X

Beverley said...

Oooh! LOVING the sparkly rainbow Gerbera and the polka dot backdrop really sets it off. Beautiful combination and showcase. Hugs Bev x

Jane said...

Yep you've inspired me! Fab combo of stamps and loving the vibrant colours.

Mary Holshouser said...

The flower glimmers.
Love the silver washi and the
dots. Having the flowers
in the corners inside the
card was a great idea.
thanks for sharing.

Izzy Scrap said...

I do love this polka dots stamp too ! And you showcased it so beautifully combining it with the Gerbera ! Love how you coloured it in rainbow colours ! The black dots make the gerbera even more shimmering ! A gorgeous take of the sketch ! Yes, you inspired me ! xx

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These polka dots seem to be pretty versatile. That's great since I'm a beginner and looking for such stamps.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. The bright gerbera against the new spots is brillant.

Marianne said...

You've made me realise that I really should dress up the insides of my cards more. Love your rainbow gerbera.

Shawna said...

While wandering around Blogland I saw your card on Sunday Stamps. It is so colorful and wonderful. Your background is so complimentary to your Rainbow Gerbera. Just wanted to stop by and say this is one awesome card.

cm said...

How lovely your shimmery rainbow daisy and set against the new dots...oh my! Elevated to stunning! WOW!
Hugs~carol

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Looks like you and me have both got rainbows on the brain this week although I'm not sure if all of mine have been REVEALED yet! Love the gerbera in those eye-catching colours and so pretty against the dotted BG. x

Annette Elliott said...

Super cute card! Love the bold colors of the flower surrounded by the polka dots! Thanks so much for playing along at Sunday Stamps!

Darnell said...

What a winning take on the sketch, Deborah!! That rainbow blossom is out-of-this-world gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful rainbow flower and polka dots! Love that silver washi tape as an accent. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps Challenge this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! This is one gorgeous card! I love that rainbow flower and all the polka dots! The washi tape looks fabulous on your background, too! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps, Deborah! XX

Craftychris said...

Love the bold colours agains the monochrome dots - truly fabulous! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...