Friday 27 October 2017

Merry Christmas ....

.... Good morning! It's a rather dull and quite cool day here in Northville. I went out for a nice walk around the park this morning and when I got home decided it was time to have a play in my craft room. I've been tidying up a bit and found some new stamps from Stampin' Up! that I hadn't used yet. So here's my Christmas card using some of those stamps:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Merry Patterns, Hearts Come Home; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Cherry Red, Charcoal Brown, Faded Brick, Warm Cocoa, Kraft
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Authentique DP - Colourful Christmas; White Embossing Powder; Um Wow - Merry Word; Wink of Stella - Clear; SU/Sizzix EF - Woodland Textured


I really like this fun stag image - it's a two-step stamp with an outline and solid image. Once stamped I carefully cut it out. I found some fun stag head design paper in my stash, cut a panel slightly smaller than the base, edged it with dark red ink and adhered it to the card. I cut a panel of cream card which I embossed with woodland trees. I used a brayer to add some ink to the tree trunks, I got a little on the background card but I like the effect as it suggests even more trees in the background. I edged this with dark brown ink and adhered it to the card. I stamped the word Christmas on red card, embossed with white powder and adhered it to the card. The die cut word is wood and I attached it with strong adhesive and added lots of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I finished the front by attaching the stag with dimensional pads. On the inside, I cut another layer of the design paper for a mat and on the cream panel added another stag and a simple Christmas greeting.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT#20 where they want us to use Wood and/or Canvas, and also to Jingle Belles - JB:17:22 where they want animals.

That's all for now - I think I'd better get on with some household type stuff - you know, doing the ironing!!! See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Fabiola said...

quelle magnifique carte Déborah, paisible et charmante avec une touche de fun grâce a ce cerf emmitouflé dans ce gros pull, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

SmilynStef said...

I adore that reindeer in a sweater ... love that you decorated in the inside too ... so glad you joined our *creature features* at Jingle Belles.

AlisonC said...

I love your stag in his Christmas jumper and the trees are beautifully atmospheric.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

lauren bergold said...

oh that nordic reindeer is cool & you've built the perfect landscape for him to inhabit, i really love this! so pleased you could join our "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Gorgeous card Deborah! I have that stag in a Christmas jumper too - love him! Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

Lucinda said...

I love your stag, I love your trees and I LOVE your stag head paper! Thank you for joining in with the Christmas Card Throwdown.

Andreja said...

What a fantastic festive card you made :-)) I like your trees and gold diecuts sentiment.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown, Andreja DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...