Friday 9 February 2018

Season's Greetings ....

... Hello from a very, very snowy Northville. We're all home today. The school district called a snow day last night, so Kat has spent the day just chillin! Jonathan's office also called a snow day, but he's had to work from home. The main thing is we're all safe and warm in the house. I've spent a large part of today in my craft room, but you'll have to wait until Sunday to see most of the cards!! But I do have a simple Christmas card to share with you this afternoon:

Season's Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Winter Foliage, Big & Bold Wish, Rustic Wreath, Essentially Christmas, Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Gina K - Christmas Pine, Red Velvet; Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Golden Glitz; SU - Emerald Envy
Dies: Die-namics - Pierced Oval Frames #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Emerald Envy; Gold Canvas Finish Mirri Card; Copics; Shimmer Pen


I got the idea for this card from the inspiration photo over at Merry Monday - MM#276. The colours are from Your Next Stamp - YNS#82 and I'm also playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#278 where they want to see Holiday cards.

I die cut an oval of white card and placed it into my MISTI. I stamped the holly leaves and berries, covered them with masks and then stamped the candles. I added some pine branches at the top of the image, added berries and lots of stars. I finished by colouring the candles in two shade of pink and added sparkle with my Wink of Stella brush. I adhered the finished panel behind the gold frame and attached the whole lot to the front of the card. I finished with a simple Christmas greeting. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panel I stamped a greeting and added some branches and berries.

Season's Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSeason's Greetings sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It's been snowing since about 3.00am this morning and we've got about 6 inches of snow on the ground. As it's not expected to stop until about 8.00pm this evening, we're likely to end up with about 8 inches on the ground. This is one of the times that I'm very, very grateful to have a company come round and clear the snow. However, I'm not expecting them until tomorrow!

I took a few photos of all the snow around the house:

Winter 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is a view from the back bedroom across the swimming pool - although you would never know it! The winter wonderland beyond the fence is Northville Commons, the park area behind our house. I have played a bit with this photo to bring out all the texture.

Winter 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is a view looking down onto our patio - I always leave the furniture out. I'll have to get new cushions in the spring - but you can see the piles of snow on the table, chairs, and sunbeds!!

Winter 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is the postbox over the road - I've played a bit so that you can see the snow falling and the texture of the tyre marks on the road. That's all for now. Do stop by on Sunday for a special celebration. See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Yay for snow days! Your card is absolutely beautiful and the added gold looks striking! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Leanne said...

Lovely card and the color is pretty, nice photos too. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

Leanne DT/MM

Christine Alexander said...

perfect snow day card, love the candles and the great frame.

Colleen said...

You live in a Winter Wonderland!! Love all that snow...from a distance *wink!! Your card is perfect for the challenge at Merry Monday, wonderful gold ring around the boughs and candles! Thank you for joining us!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Deborah! Love the gold frame surrounding your beautiful scene of candles and greenery...you really took the inspiration photo to heart!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It may be cold, but I would LOVE to have some snow, saying that we had a few flakes for 10 minutes LOL.
LOVE your card and it's gorgeous frame.
Faith
x

Sue said...

I wish we got snow days! Very pretty card and great you have a head start on Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Tanja said...

your Christmas cards are always beautiful - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More - hugs, Tanja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...