Sunday 6 May 2018

Uniko - Bee Happy and Honeycomb Pattern Stencil ....

... I do hope you enjoyed yesterday's introduction. I'm back this morning with a couple more introductions from the upcoming Uniko release. Today we have a stamp set and a stencil - and they work so well together. Here's my card:

Happy Bee Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Bee Happy, Birthday Sentiments
Inks: Distress - Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Gold Shimmer Vellum; Wink of Stella - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Marker; Shimmer Spritz - Sparkle


I can see the stamps and stencil beeing so popular!! 😊 Sorry, couldn't resist!! I cut a piece of black card for a mat layer, and a panel of white card slightly smaller. I placed the honeycomb stencil on the card, taped it in place, and lightly brushed on the pale lemon colour. I moved the stencil to cover the whole panel. Then I shifted the stencil and added the darker honey colour. Once completed I spritzed the panel with sparkle Sheer Shimmer and dried it. I stamped the heart on some gold shimmer vellum, heat embossed with clear powder, and cut it out. I coloured the reverse of some of the hexagons. I stamped the bee three times, heat embossed with clear powder, coloured the wings with clear Wink of Stella and used the WOS brush to add some colour to the bees' bodies. I carefully cut out all the bees. I put the honeycomb panel in my MISTI and stamped the sentiment. I attached the vellum heart and bees with collage medium. On the inside, I cut another mat layer of black card. On the white panel, I stamped the large word 'wish' in lemon and then again in amber to give some depth to the word. I added a little bee flying at the top and some honeycomb too. I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB2604, where the theme is Anything Goes. I'm also playing along with Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#22, where it's also Anything Goes.


I had such fun making this card - those bees are so cute! If you want to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer, Anna, do visit the Uniko blog. Our release schedule is:

Introductions: 5th - 11th May - your first chance to see the products in action.

RELEASE DAY: Saturday 12th May, 9.00am BST. Join us for our traditional Design Team Blog Hop & Giveaway! Details of the prizes can be found on Bev's blog here.

See you again tomorrow.

signature

15 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous and fun ... simply beautiful!

Julie B said...

Great combination of stamp set and stencil Deborah. There are plenty of bees buzzing around outside on this glorious sunny morning. :)

Jane said...

Beautifully combined sets! Loving your honey colours.

Rahmat said...

Nice lovely yellows on the stencil,love it.

cm said...

Humming and buzzing with joy in seeing your honey of a card, Deborah! Absolutely bee-utiful! Apparently, your craft room is a 'hive' of activity in playing with the new release (Sorry...had to use as many 'bee'-themed words as possible *grin*). LOVE your showcase!
Hugs~carol

Mary Holshouser said...

The stencil makes a fun haven
for the bees. The heart made
from the hive is a wonderful
idea. Bee happy.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Izzy Scrap said...

Another fabulous showcase, Deb ! Love how your delicate yellow stencilling pops up beautifully these sweet and cute bees ! And as always the inside is as gorgeous as the outside ! Fabulous ! Hugs xx

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

What a lovely card !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Beverley said...

Absolutely BUZZING like Carol! I Love how you have used the stencil and I just knew the DT would find creative ways to use it. Your ink blending is superb and your layout using the Bee Happy set is inspiring. Thanks for another wonderful showcase. YOU ROCK! Hugs Bev x

TaeEun said...

Those bees coming back to their heart shapes house are so cute! Love you lifted their wings a little bit! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply spectacular. You've picked out the perfect colours to showcase both the stencil and bee happy set. Gorgeous design as ever Debs. x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the Bees----Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft
Carol DT x

Linda said...

This looks gorgeous ..... great stenciling and I love the little bees! xx

Sue D said...

Cute bees and I like the heart honeycomb.

Lindsey said...

Great pairing of the stencil & stamp set and fabulous blending! Love it x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...