Monday 7 May 2018

Uniko - Just Because and Lg French Script Background ....

.... Morning! Welcome back to my blog. Today I'm introducing two more new stamps sets from Uniko. One is a large background script - which I think will be very useful, and the second is a smaller set featuring a lovely floral silhouette and lots of words that can be put together to make many phrases. Here's my card:

Just Because - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Just Because, Large French Script Background
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx, Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose
Dies: Memory Box - Cross Stitch Frames #1 and #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Shimmer Spritz - Frost; Clear Embossing Powder; Perfect Pearls - Forever Red, Interference Red; Black Marker


I got the inspiration for this card from the photo over at Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#290. I stamped the large script background in Versamark directly on to the card. Then I added a couple of colours of Perfect Pearls and brushed them and gradually the image was revealed. I used a Swiffer pad to dust off as much excess powder as I could. There is still a slight haze of colour, but I like that. I stamped the floral silhouette and word 'because' in Versafine and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I stamped the silhouette image again on scrap white card, heat embossed it, and then very carefully cut it out with a scalpel. I covered all the white edges with a black marker pen. I spritzed a panel of white card with frost Shimmer Spritz, dried it and then cut out two faux stitched frames. I added the larger frame flat to the card and used dimensional pads to add the smaller frame. I glued the bottom of the fussy cut floral silhouette flat to the card and used dimensional pads on the top flower. On the inside, I simply stamped the floral image in shades of pink and added some more words to complete the phrase. I also added a few dots using a black marker.


This card is for my Mum - just because!! It's already in the post and she should get it by the end of next week. It's great timing, as here in the States, next Sunday is Mother's Day.

Don't forget to visit Bev's blog to see more inspiring projects from Anna, our Guest Designer, and from the Design Team. Our release schedule is:

Introductions: 5th - 11th May

RELEASE DAY: Saturday 12th May, 9.00am BST. You'll be able to purchase the new release at the Uniko online store and also join in with our Design Team Blog Hop & Giveaway!  Details of the prizes can be found on Bev's blog here.

That's all for today - see you again tomorrow.

signature

11 comments:

Jane said...

So stylish! Love the addition of the frames, just adds that little something to this very classy card.

cm said...

Swooning over your showcase, Deborah! The flower/script, paired with the frames, is simply stunning! I agree with Jane: classy!!
Hugs~carol

Sazzle Dazzle said...

OMG! I can't believe you fuzzy cut the silhouette with a craft knife. It looked that way in the image and had to read how you'd made this card just to check. It's definitely got the wow-factor Deborah and so pretty. I'm sure you mum will love it.

Julie B said...

What a fab idea, great fussy cutting and placement! :)

Izzy Scrap said...

I love this card Deborah ! What a gorgeous take on the ATSM challenge. Love the very soft pink background with the Manuscript text and the contrast of the black flower ! And those two frames...such a beautiful design ! Hugs x

Peanut said...

What a lovely card, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Linda said...

What a pretty design, I love the frames. Great job with the fussy cutting too! xx

Sue D said...

So pretty with the script background.

Carole said...

Super and unusual design and a lot of love in this card. I am sure your mum will be thrilled with it.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

What a gorgeous floral with this wonderful background !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Lindsey said...

Great take on the phito inspi4! Love the 2 mini frames. Inspured! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...